Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Movie Rides at "The Big Photo Show"

This past weekend proved to be a good photo-op weekend. On Saturday, I had to opportunity to see vendors for everything photography related at "The Big Photo Show" held at the LA Convention Center. Two days of photography related educational classes that ranged from, how to photograph nature and wildlife, given by Robert O'Toole, to how-to's on running a photography business. Even though I only went for one day, it was so easy to kill five hours soaking everything in. As you walked through the event, you'd find different booths promoting different products and services, and booths with live models to photograph with experts on-hand that would help you with camera settings and critique your shots if you wanted to. Samy's Camera had a strong presence there, offering deals and selling tax free. Too bad, no big purchases for me, but I guess that's a good thing. I could've easily sunk some money with all the goodies available. Of course, my favorite was the automotive tips and tricks given by Fireball Tim who works in the film industry designing cars for movies and television. He brought a sweet collection of cars that we would all recognize and appreciate. Top car there...the Delorean of course!

The weekend didn't stop there...stay tuned later this week for the Speed & Stance meet I went to the following day at Auto Club Speedway. Let's see if what I learned here made any difference.

CLICK FOR GALLERY

Fireball Tim snapping away:
1930 Ford ROD-riguez - 1

"Great Scott!"
Back to the Future Delorean - 2

Bullitt Mustang:
Bullitt Ford Mustang GT - 2

Smokey and the Bandit:
Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am - 1

Batmobile:
Batmobile - 1

And one more for the fans...
I am your father...

No comments:

Post a Comment